Saturday, June 14, 2014

So Much Fun! Christie's Quilting Boutique!

Today is the 6 month anniversary of the opening

And yes this girl knows how to party!
Jennifer Paganelli and Kate Spain were in the house.
How fun are these three!
I met Kate for the first time today and she is so lovely. Great energy!
Jennifer is fun, fun, fun! Lights up the room.
And Christie, well, you know how I feel about this little go-getter!

Kate's new fabric line is coming out in September.
She got her inspiration from sea glass.
I told her those were mermaid colors! 
Any way you cut it they are fabulous.
And we each got a sample pack of these little beauties.
Yes I am hoarding.

Christie has a whole section devoted to these two dynamos!
You can buy yardage, and precuts.
Hard to decide . . . . 

Here is the lady herself showing off a quilt.

And working the cutting table!
It's blurry because she is never still!

Edgar and the girls!

Here is my take for the day.
I had to restrain, I'm on a fabric diet.
Gross!  No fun!
Clearly, I cheat!

And here is what I'm working on . . . 

A very tiny doll quilt for my buddy's b-day
that was a month ago.
and so it goes . . . . 

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2014

It's that time again!

If this is your first time visiting, welcome.
If you are a regular, you've seen it all before!  Sorry.

This little quilt started in January of 2012. I had no plan.
I just started making four patch flying geese in bright colors.

I knew I wanted total chaos.

Then I thought it needed something else.
So I made some of these block in block beauties.

I just kept sewing and sewing.
No plan.

When I had a ton of blocks, I started playing with a layout.
Each two geese block equaled the block in block.
So a nine patch is how I started.
Nine units, in any combination.

This was the fun part.  Making each block different and crazy.

The blocks came together pretty quickly because I was so addicted!

25 nine patches.

All foundation paper pieced for precision.

The back before peeling.

Hours of un-papering!

For the quilting, I marked a diagonal line with painters tape,
and sewed a straight line across the top, corner to corner.

Then I used the edge of my walking foot 
and did straight line channel quilting for the whole top.

This is one of my favorite quilts to date.

Some fussy cuts for the centers.
And a black and white check for the binding.

This one has little peas in a pod.

Straighten Up And Fly Right
58" x 58"
Machine pieced and quilted by me!
On my faithful Bernina 910, that I bought in 1986.

And the best part . . . . 
My quilt was featured in Rachel May's book!
The kid has the page next to mine too.

Hope you are all having fun checking out all the quilts.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

This and That . . .

Where does the time go?
I haven't done a post in a month, but I have been busy!

I'm finally finishing my Fractured quilt for the Quilting by the Lake Show.
And I know exactly who is going to get this beauty when it comes home!

I have been getting ready for our next Metro Mod meeting in June.

I did a bee block for my buddy.
I LOVE this one.
Thinking of how I can adapt this block to make a quilt for me!

I finished block 5 for the Pat Sloan quilt-a-long.
I am really loving this little project.  It's so fun to see everyone's blocks.

Here are my five all together.
So fun!

I caved and bought a Singer Featherweight . . . 
I have always wanted one and well . . . 
Ebay is like a drug!
It's adorable and light and I love it!

Went to visit the munchkins a couple weeks ago.
I so love them!  They are a riot.
I really miss having little ones around . . . 
Am I just saying that because I can go home?
Hehe. Lots of action!

The kid and I were featured in a article in our local paper 
for Mother's Day.
It was really quite lovely to enjoy our 15 minutes of fame!

And here is a picture of me and my Mum.
I think I'm about two there.
We had matching velvet dresses.
Those were the days!

Happy Mother's Day! OXOX

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Quilts and Color at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston

On Friday I was so lucky to be in Boston to see this quilt show!

These two smart gentlemen started collecting quilts in the 1960's.

Here are a few of my faves.
I won't post them all, don't want to spoil it completely 
for you if you get to attend!
And you should definitely go if you can!

These quilts range in age from the late 1800's to early 1900's.
What I love about them is the unexpected colors and combinations,
especially considering the time frame in which they were created.
They look very "modern" or of this present day time to me.  
Renegades of their time period for sure!